When unwanted lines and wrinkles appear on our face, we look older. When that happens, some facial fillers, such as Belotero — an injectable cosmetic treatment that uses collagen or hyaluronic acid to gradually add volume to your skin — hydrates the skin on our face, increases volume and makes lines and wrinkles instantly fade away.
Fortunately, William J. Seare, MD, a double board-certified plastic and orthopedic surgeon, can give individuals in the Carlsbad and San Diego, CA area the Belotero treatments they need to maintain their youthful appearance.
What is Belotero?
Dermal fillers and injectables offer a variety of ways to treat lines and wrinkles. Unlike Botox and Xeomin, which relax facial muscles to smooth out signs of aging, Belotero uses hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin, add volume and make lines and wrinkles instantly fade away.
Benefits of Belotero
- Belotero is a non-surgical anti-aging solution.
- Using hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the skin, Belotero reduces lines and wrinkles.
- After just one treatment, the results of Belotero can last anywhere from 6 to 12 months.
- Belotero takes less than one hour to administer, and requires no downtime.
- Belotero is FDA-approved.
What is Belotero Used For?
Belotero is an FDA-approved, non-surgical solution for moderate to severe creases, folds, and wrinkles. Namely, it is used to treat the following conditions:
- Frown lines
- Marionette lines
- Crow’s feet
- “Smoker’s Lines,” or those unwanted wrinkles and creases around the lips and mouth
- Cheek and lip enhancement
What Should I Expect from Belotero Treatments?
Depending on the number of areas being treated, Belotero treatments typically take anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour. To begin, a topical numbing agent is administered to prevent discomfort at the injection site, after which Belotero is injected through a small needle. While patients will notice enhanced skin volume and fewer lines and wrinkles immediately after treatment, the hyaluronic acid in Belotero will continue to attract water and reduce signs of aging over time.
In most cases, you will not need a follow-up treatment; but in some instances, Dr. Seare may recommend a maintenance treatment after six months to prevent any wrinkles from returning.
While Belotero treatments don’t require any recovery time, you may experience some minor symptoms related to the injection site — including slight bleeding, bruising, tenderness and swelling. These symptoms should disappear in one to two days. To reduce the severity of these symptoms, avoid alcohol for at least two days before treatment and refrain from taking any anti-inflammatory medications.
Belotero is an FDA-approved product that is safe and effective for most individuals. In rare instances, however, some patients have reported the following, minor complications:
- Bumps, nodules and scarring around the injection site
- Additionally, clinical trials indicate that patients should not receive more than 6.0 mL of Belotero each year. Belotero may not be recommended for patients with compromised immune systems, and experts have yet to investigate the effects of treatment on patients who are either 18 years of age or under, pregnant or breastfeeding.
How Much Does Belotero Cost?
The total cost of Belotero treatment is based on the number and size of the injections Dr. Seare recommends. Clinique Liposculpture accepts checks, cash, and major credit cards, and financing is available through Alphaeon™ Credit.