Young skin has an abundance of collagen that provides elasticity and volume — and when that collagen production decreases, our skin shows signs of lines, wrinkles and aging.
When that happens, patients of Clinique Liposculpture can receive Radiesse treatments to restore collagen levels, enhance skin volume and immediately soften lines and wrinkles. Under the care of William J. Seare, MD, a double board-certified plastic and orthopedic surgeon, individuals in the Carlsbad and San Diego, CA area can come and get the Radiesse treatments they need to maintain their youthful appearance.
What is Radiesse?
Many dermal fillers and injectables are available to treat mild lines and wrinkles, but Radiesse is specifically designed to treat moderate to severe wrinkles and creases. By providing an underlying structure of microspheres in the deeper layers of skin, this injectable adds support and promotes collagen production to fill the lattice of microspheres and enhance a smoother, younger skin texture.
Benefits Of Radiesse
Radiesse offers the following immediate benefits:
- It only contains natural ingredients that are found in healthy skin (i.e., calcium hydroxylapatite).
- It is completely non-allergenic.
- It requires short treatments but offers results that can last up to two years.
- After the procedure is complete, minimal downtime is required.
- Patients see immediate results, with gradual improvements over three months, ensuring that no changes are too drastic.
What is Radiesse Used For?
Radiesse is doctor-recommended for individuals between the ages of 35 and 60 who want to find non-surgical ways to treat the following issues:
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Smile and frown lines
- Enhancements to the chin, cheeks, jawline and nose
Additionally, Radiesse is a great way to restore facial volume for patients with facial lipoatrophy, a condition where medical conditions result in a loss of facial fat contouring.
How Does Radiesse Compare to Other Dermal Fillers and Injectables?
Radiesse offers some advantages over other dermal fillers and injectables, such as Restylane, because it is clinically proven to provide long-lasting results. Furthermore, by stimulating natural collagen production, Radiesse helps your skin to essentially repair itself. That said, Radiesse is not for everyone, so it is important to discuss your options with Dr. Seare to really find out which injectable, if any, is right for you.
Depending on the number of areas being treated, Radiesse treatments typically take anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour. To begin, local anesthesia is administered to prevent discomfort at the injection site, after which Radiesse is injected through a fine, small gauge needle. While some improvement will be seen immediately, lines and creases will continue to disappear over the next two weeks as your skin produces more collagen.
In most cases, you will not need a follow-up treatment until one or two years after the initial treatment.
After treatment, you may experience some minor symptoms related to the injection site — including slight bleeding, bruising, tenderness, and swelling. To reduce the severity of these symptoms, avoid alcohol for at least two days before treatment and refrain from taking any anti-inflammatory medications.
What Should My Physician Explain to Me About Radiesse Treatments?
When administered by a medical professional such as Dr. Seare, Radiesse treatments are entirely safe and effective. To achieve optimum results from Radiesse, it is important that you speak with your medical care professional prior to treatment to discuss any allergies, conflicting medical conditions, and your desired result.
Additionally, here is some basic safety information you should know about Radiesse:
- Radiesse is FDA-approved and made up of natural ingredients, making allergic reactions very rare.
- It should only be administered through single-use syringes.
- It is not recommended for patients with bleeding disorders.
- Radiesse should not be injected into areas with infections or inflammation, and the product should never be injected into blood vessels.
- If you have a CT scan, the microspheres may be visible — so you should advise your medical team of your Radiesse treatments.
- The results of Radiesse on patients with excessive scarring and keloids are unknown.
The total cost of Radiesse treatment is based on the number and size of the injections Dr. Seare recommends. Clinique Liposculpture accepts checks, cash, and major credit cards, and financing is available through Alphaeon™ Credit.